Home Search

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Back to School

To all the blessed families:


It’s that time of year I think of as the “Back to School” season. It’s not really Fall and it isn’t exactly Summer, either. Maybe the weather hasn’t changed yet, but the morning commute is definitely quite a bit busier.

Each year I help families get settled before the Back to School season starts. A lot of people choose to move in the summer months. It’s often easier on the kids to break in a new school with a new school year, too.

I think a lot about kids going into a new school in a new year, and I know it can be tough for them to find new friends and get used to new routines. Just the other day, I came across this quote, and I thought it was pretty good advice for kids and adults alike:

“The way to be happy is to like yourself and the way to like yourself is to do only things that make you proud.” - Mark S. Lewis, Clinical Psychologist.

It’s a pretty good maxim to live by, especially if you find yourself in unfamiliar surroundings facing new challenges. It’s not so much what you would do to fit in, or what you think others would expect you to do... it’s doing what you know will make you proud that makes your way happier.

My best to you and yours in this transitional season. Catch me up on your life when you have the time.

Warm regards,

Kevin L Clark


No comments:

Post a Comment